The village of Little Waldingfield is situated between Sudbury and Lavenham in south Suffolk - its adult population is around 300. Although the Domesday book records that a church was present on this site in 1086, the church we know today dates from the time of the prosperous wool trade of the 14th century. It is of large proportions as is typical of this period. The picture clearly shows the large tower and the two crocketed spirelets further east are also visible.
Inside, the lack of stained glass results in a wonderfully light and airy feel which allows the magnificent hammer beam roof to be seen to good advantage. There is also a fine carved pulpit and people often visit to see and take rubbings of the brasses.