St Mary-le-Bow, London
Hauptwerk v4 Virtual Organ
Along with a freely downloadable Evaluation set, there are two main sample sets based on the St Mary-le-Bow Kenneth Tickell organ. These sets benefit from the following features (as applicable), designed to maximise realism and quality:
• Every note of every stop has been sampled at a rate of 48kHz and a resolution of 24 bits
• Samples are presented “wet”, ie complete with the natural reverberation of the church (approximately 4 seconds) and “semi-dry”, whereby the direct sound is predominant
• Multi-channel sample sets are available, comprising a total of three separate perspectives - Close, Ambient and Surround. Single channel sets, featuring a blend of the Close and Ambient perspectives are also provided at a lower cost
• Multiple releases are employed, with all stops featuring three and sometimes four releases per note for greatly improved realism in staccato and semi-staccato passages
• Multiple loops are featured, with almost all sustain samples benefiting from 3 or 4 separate loops
• Separately sampled tremulants are featured for all stops on all manual divisions. Optionally, Hauptwerk’s tremulant model may be employed for one or more ranks instead
• Hauptwerk’s model for the swell enclosure has been accurately programmed, based on samples taken across the compass of each stop
• Blower, tremulant action and stop action noises are also included
• Intelligent control of random tuning errors has been developed, allowing individual notes across multiple perspectives to be locked together in tune.
These sample sets are all compatible with Hauptwerk version 4 upwards. The organ was sampled in May 2013 using high quality microphones by Schoeps and AKG. Mic pre-amps and digital conversion by Focusrite.
A proportion of the proceeds from the sale of these sample sets will be passed to St Mary-le-Bow church.
This agreement is applicable to the St Mary-le-Bow Standard and Extended sample sets.
1. The sample set(s) may be used indefinitely by the licensee on any computing equipment owned by them in any form of private or public installation.
2. Copyright and intellectual property rights of the original samples, images and organ definition files are retained by Lavender Audio.
3. Copyright in any musical performance using these samples is vested solely in the licensee. A musical performance is defined as one in which the samples are combined in such a fashion that no individual samples could be re-used by a third party.
4. These samples are licensed only for use in connection with software issued by Milan Digital Audio or their successors. Note that the individual samples (but not the organ definition files) are encrypted to ensure this. An update to the licensee's dongle is required for these samples to load into Hauptwerk.
5. Organ definition files and custom organ definition files may be freely edited for personal or public use by the licensee.
6. These samples may be freely combined with samples from other sample set producers to form composite organs defined by standard or custom organ definitions only where this is specifically permitted by the third party sample set licence(s).
7. Performances and recordings with these sample sets are fully licensed, with no further payments or permissions required. For recordings with a planned commercial release, an acknowledgement to the source of the samples (ie the Kenneth Tickell organ of St Mary-le-Bow, London, UK) should be made where possible (eg on a CD inlay card).
8. This licence is conditionally transferable. Samples and organ definition files may only be resold or given to any third party with prior permission from Lavender Audio. Any such licence transfer will be co-ordinated by Milan Digital Audio (or their successors) and will depend upon the licence being successfully removed from the original licensee's Hauptwerk dongle.
9. These sample sets are provided "as is", with no implied suitability for any particular intended use. No liability can be accepted for any injury or damage, howsoever caused, arising from the use of these sample sets.